Above Ground Pool Maintenance
Above Ground Pool Maintenance Guide
Maintaining an above ground pool can seem like tedious work, cost money and take extra time out of your day, but it’s extremely important. You have to be sure that your pool is safe and clean for everyone. It may take some work, but you’ll surely enjoy the benefits of having an above ground pool. Here is a guide to help you keep your above ground pool in top-top shape.What You’ll Need
- Pump & Pool Filter
- Pool Cover
- Check with your homeowners association before installing an above ground pool to make sure it’s allowed.
- If you’re looking for an above ground pool, wait until the end of the season before purchasing it. You can usually find a great deal.
- Make sure that you place your above ground pool on a level surface.
- When winter arrives, don’t leave your pool ladder out to endure the elements. Place them in a garage or in storage.
- Plants can grow through your above ground pools liner. You can use pads on the bottom to help stop this.
- Be on the lookout of squirrels, gophers, mice and other rodents around the pool. They can eat through the liner.
- It’s a great idea to use vinyl liner cleaner to clean to the liner above the water level.
- A great way to help keep the algae out is to use algaecide. Pore a bottle of algaecide in your pool at the beginning of the season. You can find bottles that will last 3 months.
- When you drain the pool give it a good clean. Use soap and a brush to scrub the liner and then rinse it very well.